We all know that magnesium is a dietary mineral that is responsible for over 300 biochemical functions in the body. Magnesium is abundantly present in many food sources and also can be added to food and in supplements.
Some of the most crucial health benefits of magnesium are listed as, help in maintaining normal muscles, control blood glucose and regulate blood pressure, helps produce and transport energy around the body, helps regulate the level of calcium absorption and in bone formation and development, etc. It works as co-enzymes in regulating more than 300 different chemical reactions in the body.
Such is the importance of magnesium and a deficiency of it, though rare, could cause the body to a breakdown in so many ways.
It is reported by different studies conducted by different scientific and research institutions that, about 80% of the world population is deficient in magnesium.
Another study has it that, about 55% of Adult Americans are deficient in magnesium and less than 20% gets only half of what the body needs to function efficiently.
In spite of the fact that magnesium can readily be obtained from food sources, deficiency is still rampant. In fact, a study reviewed that magnesium deficiency is the second most common mineral deficiency only behind vitamin A. This really shows that something is not right somewhere if magnesium could readily be gotten in food source and yet people are suffering from its deficiency.
What Could Cause Magnesium Deficiency?
Magnesium deficiency although rare could be caused by a number of factors ranging from environmental and human factors.
most diets in the western world consist more of grain and grain is known to have poor magnesium content. Again, most people eat less organic foods rich in magnesium.
The food processing methods used in most cases depletes the foods of vital nutrients including magnesium and when such foods are consumed, the body is left with little or no means of getting magnesium.
Certain lifestyles and conditions also deplete the body of magnesium like certain prescribed medications such as
Diuretics, Antibiotics, Painkillers, and Cortisone,
Hypercalcemia(Excess intake of Calcium resulting to high blood Calcium).
Large-scale burns(Burn covering a large part of the body). Etc.
Because of the many dangers associated with magnesium deficiency, most people resort to supplementation. The challenge in supplements these days is, there are lots of low-quality products with technologically engineered ingredients on the market and one would have to be extra diligent in choosing not only the one with natural ingredients also the one that would suit their budgets.
Well, for the sake of those that want to build up magnesium contents in their bodies and are looking for the near perfect supplement brands, here we have compiled a list of Top 5 magnesium supplements brands we consider best choices after due research and studies.
They may not the best but certainly out of the present ones on the market, they certainly are worth their salts.
1. Jigsaw Magnesium w/SRT – Best Magnesium with High Absorption.
Jigsaw Magnesium W/SRT is one of the most talked about and most potent magnesium supplements on the market presently. In my opinion, this product offers more than just magnesium, its a combined force of Magnesium Malate( which is a combination of mineral magnesium and malic acid), vitamin C, vitamin B6, folic acid, vitamin B12.
All these organic ingredients work together to make this product do an amazing work, and moreover, its easily absorbed into the body.
- Contains all natural ingredients bound to malic acid in a healthy formula.
- Comes with other minerals such as Vitamin C, B6, B12, and Folic acid for added nutritional benefits especially those who have a widespread Vitamin deficiencies.
- No artificial additive or preservatives.
- Non-GMO and vegan-friendly.
- 90 days no satisfaction money-back guaranteed.
- More bioavailable than most magnesium supplements on the market shelf today.
- Might be pricey for some persons at $22.96.
- might cause vitamin toxicity especially for those who already have certain vitamin mega dose.
- Few people reported reaction from ingredients.
Overall, this product offers a fairly good deal with its unique features and a fair price at $22.96 for a 120 count product. Although few people are undecided on whether they would be buying again, the majority of users would gladly buy it again and again and would even recommend to family and friends and in my opinion, that’s pretty much a good performance in potency and effectiveness.
Buy Now @ Amazon.com Or Read More Testimonies Here!
2. Natural Vitality Natural Calm Diet Supplement, Raspberry Lemon, 16 Ounce.
If your body is depleted of magnesium and you want to build up your body content of magnesium or your treating symptoms of magnesium deficiency, then you will want to look at natural Vitality brand of magnesium.
This particular is a unique brand totally different from other brands as it comes in a different formula-powdered formula.
One of the many symptoms and effects of magnesium deficiency is an excess Calcium build up in the body which lead to some complications and Natural Vitality Natural Calm Magnesium helps to gradually reduce the accumulated Calcium in the body and also assist in quickly reducing the symptoms and complications associated with magnesium deficiency.
- A Unique formula that comes in powdered form to be scoop into a glass or cup of water for drinking.
- Highly absorbable and in water Soluble and when take, gives a faster relief from magnesium deficiency.
- Very convenient for drinking as it mixes seamlessly with water.
- Contains no gluten, and is vegan-friendly
- The price might be on a higher side for some people.
- It comes in powder and some people might not like it, others might have a problem in determining the accurate dose to take.
- It’s a bit on a higher side price wise.
This product is no doubt great with many positive testimonies from the previous user. However, the price is a major concern for many people, been in powdered form, one would believe the price will be a bit lower as the extra work and resources expended in making it capsule and tablet is spared, but hey no, the price still is way up.
Buy Now @Amazon.com Or Read More Testimonies!
3. Pure Encapsulations -Magnesium (Citrate/Malate) – Hypoallergenic Supplement Supports Nutrient Utilization and Physiological Functions* – 180 Capsules.
Pure Encapsulations magnesium is one of the best(if not the best) and most sought after magnesium supplements on the market today. The company’s policy of thoroughly researching and formulating purely organic products makes their dietary supplements a must use and among the many users, there are only glowing tributes about its potency and efficiency.
Pure Encapsulation magnesium combines both magnesium Citrate which many scientists agree is the best form of dietary magnesium and malate, which also is a great form of magnesium.
The product has no comparison in terms purity of ingredients and potency, third-party tested in line with the premium policy of the company.
- Product formulated in a state-of-the-art facility approved by GMP and FDA in Sudbury, Massachusetts, USA.
- All ingredients are organic, free from additive, coating, dairy, gluten, artificial colorants, sweeteners, etc.
- Tested by the third party for the purity of ingredients, potency, and accuracy of labeling.This is to ensure users are not misled into buying through false labeling as it has become rampant with other brands of supplements on the market.
- Non-GMO, gluten free and vegan-friendly.This has become a policy of pure encapsulation, all their dietary supplements are free from the genetically altered product.
- Free from allergens
- 180 Count for $24.60 means the price is pretty fair.
- Non for now but will update once I notice one.
Pure encapsulation is one of my top 5 brands of supplements I will always go back for more and recommend to others. I have reviewed few of their products including their digestive enzyme supplement and one thing you can be sure of, they deliver on their promise of top quality.
Buy Now @Amazon.com Or Read More Testimonies Of Other Users!
4.Metagenics – Mag Glycinate, 240 Count
If you are looking for a magnesium supplement that is easily absorbable, gluten free and Non-GMO, and will help you relax your muscle and tackle other symptoms associated with magnesium deficiency, then you would want to look at this amazing product- Metagenics Mag Glycinate.
Although the product looks a bit pricey and over the top for some people, it is, however, worth looking at from the angle of potency and purity.
- Contains 240 veggie capsule, that’s pretty much per bottle and the dose is 3caps daily, 1cap each time. That means taking the recommended dosage daily without breaking gives you 80 days to this product, that’s pretty fair and great in my opinion.
- Non-GMO and Gluten free.
- Highly absorbable unlike other brands out there on the market shelves.
- Maybe very pricey for some people at $53.99
- magnesium glycinate is said to be poorly absorbed by the body.
Although the product is a bit on the high side, many people that have used the product speaks highly of its potency and effectiveness and few have said they would recommend to their friends. Other users have been using this brand for years and they swore its the best and they would be buying it again.
Buy Now Or Read More Testimonies Here!
5. Life Extension Neuro-mag Magnesium L-threonate Dietary Supplements.
Hey, if you are looking at something in magnesium that has fewer laxative effects but gives you everything a good magnesium supplement has, then you would want to head here for Life extension Neuro-magnesium L-threonate dietary supplements.
This product comes packaged with everything a good supplement should have- organic ingredients and vegan-friendly manufactured in an FDA and GMP approved facility.
The product also comes in four forms of magnesium oxide, magnesium citrate, magnesium succinate, and an amino acid chelate giving your body a treat of the best form of magnesium and is easily absorbed.
- Formulated in the USA.
- Comes in four forms of magnesium oxide, magnesium citrate, magnesium succinate, and an amino acid chelate making it a bit unique from other brands with added benefits especially in aiding absorption.
- Non-GMO and vegan-friendly.
- Free from artificial additives, colorants, and preservatives.
- Might be too pricey for some people.
- The combination of magnesium oxide, magnesium citrate, magnesium succinate, and an amino acid chelate sure has an advantage but I also have a disadvantage in that it could lead to, magnesium megadose which in turn can lead to magnesium toxicity.
The majority of people that have taken this product said they were going to buy again and again. Few have been using this brand for few months and a negligible few said it didn’t work for them.
Buy Now @Amazon.com Or Read More Testimonies Here!
Finally, I want to believe there are other top-rated magnesium supplements outside this list of the Top 5 Magnesium supplements, and as I and my team research for more, I will be updating the list from time to time, or I might create a different list like the top 10 or something like that, to give those that want top quality products a wider buying options.