Jojoba oil which is also known as Wax Ester are very popular among people who utilize them and is known to offer lots of benefits on the hair, this article would serve as a guide to keep you informed about the benefits of jojoba oil on the hair.
What Is Jojoba Oil.
Jojoba oil which is pronounced ho-HO-ba oil is pried out from the seeds of jojoba trees. There are not really known as oil but are recognized as Wax Ester. Wax Ester share a lot of similarities to human oil, so by administering jojoba to our skin, the skin can be made to think it is creating enough oil by itself and thereby stabilizing the creation of oil. They are usually used as a remedy in the treatment of acne.
Jojoba oil is special, unlike most vegetable oil it looks closely similar to sebum which is a waxy element created by our skin glands so it can work as a natural skin conditioner. It has almost become a replacement for animal fats in the production of skin lotion and creams. This oil became popular after the opposition to whale oil which was the earlier base of many cosmetic preparations.
Jojoba oil has a minor nutty smell and has a golden clear color when in its raw form, when the oil is refined it is totally odorless and voids the need for the use of perfuming agents when used for healing and cosmetic purposes. At the same time, it is a great carrier oil for several important oils.
Since the jojoba wax has a very minimal melting point, it basically stays in the liquid state always and can be used directly without mixture.
Benefits Of Jojoba Oil To The Hair
The dryness of the scalp results to hair loss and increased dandruff. Jojoba oil can help moisturize the hair without leaving leftover residues. It can assist the hair cells to replicate themselves at an accelerated rate.
Jojoba oil can be mixed alongside hair conditioners and shampoo. It will eradicate the sebum which is present at the scalp by enhancing hair growth. Little drops of the oil are enough to prevent the hair strands from drying up and breaking
More Uses Of Jojoba Oil.
Jojoba oil can be used for a lot of things, some of the uses of jojoba include;
- It can be used as a moisturizer; jojoba can be mixed with any facial moisturizer transforming it into a super moisturizer. Flakiness will reduce and the moisturizer will have a better felon your skin.
- Because jojoba doesn’t cause irritation or allergies, it can be used to remove eye makeup with ease alongside foundation, blush and lipstick.
- Majority of the lip balms contain comedogenic ingredient so jojoba oil can be a good replacement for lip balms.
- It can be used as a hair conditioner; jojoba oil can be mixed alongside your conditioner or used on its own in the shower. It helps moisturize the scalp, thickens the hair and protect against dandruff among others.
- Jojoba oil can be used alongside your shaving cream or foam, it is placed underneath the lather from your shaving cream and helps in protecting against razor burns and leaves your skin nice and tender.
- Jojoba oil is one of the best massage oils. It also helps fight acne for people suffering from it.
Some Other Benefits Of Jojoba Oil To The Hair.
- The oil is easily accepted into the scalp, it doesn’t tamper with the scalp’s natural balance. This is due to the similarities in the structure of the oil to the sebum which is the scalp’s natural oil
- It is known to consist of antibacterial properties. It relieves the scalp and can be used for the treatment of dry scalp issues and dandruff.
- It is made up of 98 percent monounsaturated fats and 2 percent of saturated fats so it can enter the hair follicles and invigorates the hair fibres from inside.
- Jojoba works well as an agent for minimizing the swelling and reduction of hair as it gets dry and can make the hair fibre weak because it hydrates the hair from inside
- Utilized as a conditioner, jojoba assist in maximizing softness, shine and elasticity of the hair
- Jojoba can be utilized in adding quantity to thinning hair. It adds volume to the hair strands and making them look thick in appearance.
- Jojoba oil can be mixed with essential oils and the mixture massaged into the scalp to encourage blood flow to the scalp and stimulate hair growth. It can be done daily because jojoba is not greasy.
- Jojoba assists in fixing hair damaged by filling in the cracks that are on the surface of the hair cuticle.
How To Use Jojoba Oil On The Hair.
Jojoba oil is an efficient moisturizer for thinning and dry hair, it is one of the must have in all cosmetic product because of the variety of ways it can be used.
To use jojoba oil the following steps should be followed;
Step 1 ; pour out a few drops of your oil into a bowl depending on the quantity of hair you have, the quantity of your hair would determine the amount of drops you would use.
Step 2; heat the bowl containing the oil for a few minutes
Step 3; put your hands gently into the heated oil and apply it to your hair, the oil should not be applied directly to the scalp because it may bring about the clogging of pores.
Step 4; cover the hair with a shower cap or plastic cap to stop the oil from pouring back out
Step 5; allow the oil sip into the hair by leaving it for about 10-15 minutes, then wash with hair conditioner or any shampoo of your choice. Leave the hair to get dry.
Jojoba oil offers a lot of benefits to the hair and body alike; it is a very important oil that has a variety of uses for everyone.